Keto Mac and CHEESE
Ever been interested in the keto diet? Or just a low carb option for Mac and Cheese?
Cauliflower has always been one of the veggies I could skip, but in this....covered in cheese...it was yummmm.
-1/2 tsp pink salt
-1 large cauliflower head, cut into bite size peices
-1 cup heavy cream
-2 ounces cream cheese
-2 teaspoons mustard
-2 cups shredded sharp cheddar, reserve 1/2 cup for the top
-1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
-1 tsp minced garlic
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Bring large pot of water to a boil with sprinkle of salt. Add cauliflower.
3. Cook cauliflower for about 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave in collander for a few minutes.
4. Bring the cream to a simmer in small saucepan and whisk in the cream cheese and mustard until smooth. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic until the cheese is fully melted.
5. Remove from heat and combine with the cauliflower.
6. Top with the remaining cheese and bake until brown and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving!
Protein: 9.5 g
Carbs: 13 g
Fat: 21 g
Fiber: 5.4 g
Hope you enjoy!